martes, 27 de diciembre de 2016

Drawing the rest of your life

I used to live scared during my childhood, teen years and early adult days; always feeling non talented -just another unskillful girl in the corner of her room, drawing the glorious days of a life that was denied to her since day one. Constantly, I used to hear that art was only for the talented ones; art was just a risk for dreamers like my grandfather, my uncles, but not for me.

I grew up without techniques, without a constant training in the art areas. I was there, just painting delusions in the back of the hideous math notebooks. I was always feeling frustrated with myself. I was convinced that studying something art related was an impossible task to do. I knew I wouldn’t have the guts to do it.

Took me ten years to stand up in front of my family and tell them how unhappy I was –with suicidal attempts, depression and anxiety issues. It wasn’t easy at all. I wasted part of my early twenties in a career I hate. I didn’t hate it because I was bad at it. Actually I was considered relatively good. I’ve been always good at writing and I actually love it. But journalism isn’t just about being a good writer. It's, as in any career, about passion. I didn’t feel that passion, I got used to it but I was incomplete. I wanted to express myself. I realized I wanted to be a photographer then. –This is another story I’ll write about here. However, after a couple of years after I discovered that I was in love with art. Not only with one field. No, I can’t tell I just do one of those. That’s why I decided to study graphic design because it includes and develops many of the areas I love. I still have no techniques but this time I’m learning. My drawing has improved. I invite you to take a look in my Instagram gallery to see the process. I’m still a beginner, but I, finally, started the life I was too scared to life. I’m so lucky I have the support of a few friends, my boyfriend and my family –the ones I'm still convincing with hard work, day by day. However, I hope they will feel proud of me one day. Proud of who I'm working to become.

My only recommendation in this life is to always listen to your heart. Never believe you aren’t good for something, if you feel passion for it, you will learn and educate your talent. It’s about hard work, passion and talent, don’t be scared, I might not know you, but I support you. Good luck in the rest of your life. Live it the way you want it because it’s yours and no one else’s. 
Share:

2 comentarios: