viernes, 20 de enero de 2017

Kuzu no honkai – Ep.1 & Ep.2 Review

Kuzu no honkai or Scum’s wish is a psychological, romantic and dramatic manga written by Mengo Yokoyari and published at Big Gangan magazine that has been adapted to animation this season. This anime series was directed by Shogo Miyaki and Shunsuke Shinada and aired at Fuji Tv since this January. Only with two episodes, it has gained some recognition in the otaku community. The story introduces us to Hanabi, a high schooler girl who’s in love with her older childhood friend and homeroom teacher Narumi Kanai. Not long after, Hanabi realizes that her ‘onii-chan’ is head over heels with the new music teacher, Akane Minagawa. That same day she meets Mugi Awaya and right after seeing him, she notices he is in the same situation than her. Hana and Mugi start spending a lot of time together because there is no one else who can understand better their feelings. One thing leads to another and they become a couple, a couple with a secret behind their lovey-dovey image.

I have to admit that I was shocked with the story and the deep feelings / phrases from the start. The pain in some of them gave me chills to the point I stopped eating my oatmeal to only focus in the anime. Especially with the first episode, the scenario is so painful and dense that I barely looked away –And I’m a person who gets distracted very easily. As soon as I heard Hanabi saying ‘We are dating but we both are the replacement of someone else.’ I felt so into the story that nothing distracted me until I finished the first two episodes. I find the story so interesting that I completely forget the fact that this anime’s character design is a bit too similar to other animation I’ve seen. Did anyone else noticed the resemblance between Hanabi and Misaki Mei from Another? What about instantly recalling Shigatsu ha kimi no uso when seeing Minagawa-sensei and Kanai-sensei in the music classroom? I might be wrong, but I do really find this similar character design. Another thing that didn’t really impressed me was the music, besides the beautiful voiceless soundtrack, I didn’t really get into the opening or ending song. Maybe it’s a matter of time. Maybe I was so into the story I didn’t notice anything else.    


I know I’m no one to recommend an anime but if you feel like giving it a try, I kindly invite you to check this story. At least the episodes already aired are very interesting. And if you already watch it, do you agree with me? Let me know and hit the button down there heh
Share:

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario